Thursday, October 4, 2007

New Addition To Our Family



Yup...that's right, we are expecting. We are all overjoyed! Sometime around May 25, 2008, the newest member of the Owens Family will be making his/her appearance. Chris and I feel very blessed that God has chosen us to bring a new little one into the world.

When we told Kathryn, she was a little scared, worrying about how I would do have a baby, but we reminded her that I have already had a baby, her, and then she was and continues to be very happy. Each night when I go into her room to tuck her in, in addition to giving me a hug and kiss, the baby gets one too. She keeps an eye on what I eat and doesn't let me carry heavy things. She already can tell you all of the things that she will be able to help with when the baby comes. I found a website that shows daily sonogram pictures of what the baby looks like and Kathryn enjoys looking at those pictures and asks really good scientific questions...Mr. Cavanaugh her Science teacher would be proud.

Grace is very excited about the baby. She has realized that she will finally be a big sister and have a brother or sister to boss around. It is going to be hard for her to wait until May for the baby to come. She, like Kathryn, asks a lot of really good questions.

So far, the pregnancy has been ok. I am 7 weeks along right now. I have been quite tired in the afternoons and evenings and have been quite nauseous (something that I wasn't at all with Kathryn), but I am coping well. My pants are starting to get quite tight so I will probably be getting some maternity pants soon. Chris and the girls have been great. They pamper me and make sure that I am feeling ok.

Our first doctor's visit is October 25. At that visit, we should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat which will be awesome! We are going a Midwifery practice associated with Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis. After the horrible labor and delivery experience I had with the military, I am really looking forward to having someone listen to how I am feeling and be there for me. A friend (thanks Casey!) told me about her experience with a midwife when she gave birth to her son and I knew that working with a midwife would be the best thing for us.

No comments: